Travelers and students traveling interisland or returning to Hawaii may bypass the 14 day quarantine if they take and test negative for Covid-19 with an FDA-authorized Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) from a certified CLIA lab not sooner than 72-hours prior to departure. Dr Lerner's office has partnered with Trusted Testing Partners Clinical Labs and Diagnostic Labs of Hawaii to test at Dr Lerner's office or at one of the local Clinical Labs using the accurate PCR or TMA nasal swabs.
You have 2 ways to test:
- Travelers can come to Dr Lerner's Kailua office, next to Nico's.
Please check hours. Appointments are helpful but not needed!
Get a nasal swab for $150 and receive results (usually) the next day.
- Travelers can go to the Kailua or Kaneohe Clinical Lab (not DLS) after printing the Covid order sheet attached.
Take the order sheet to a designated Clinical Lab to get swabbed. You will be billed $150 and will receive results (usually) in less than 24 hours!
- With either option, please pick up a copy of your results in our office or from the Clinical Lab patient portal.
- If traveling, print a copy and upload your test results onto the
'Safe Travels' digital system, at travel.hawaii.gov.
- You must have the test result with you at the airport so screeners can review the result.